Route 66, U.S.A Art Print
Note: This product usually ships within 3 ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö¬® 5 days.
Route 66 is one of the essential icons of America, both for Americans and for people abroad. It represents a multitude of ideas: freedom, migration West, and the loneliness of the American heartland.
The highway was first opened in 1926, although much of the route was not paved for decades afterwards. It soon captured America's imagination. John Steinbeck, in his 1940 novel Grapes of Wrath, chronicled the migration along Route 66 of thousands of farmers leaving the Dust Bowl of Kansas?_ and Oklahoma during the Great Depression, trying to reach a better land in California?_ Steinbeck posited the road as an almost hostile force, draining money, energy, and enthusiasm from the optimistic Okies.
Crightonism: I'd like to ride my bike along some of the more scenic stretches of this historic highway.
Giclee Art Print
- Smooth 100% cotton acid-free paper for a long print life.
- Heavy weight - 310 gsm.
- Silky smooth, matte white surface for high contrast images and accurate colours.
- Ready to hang
- Gallery quality, fully customizable print displays with a 100% quality and colour assurance guarantee.
- Our canvas will not fade or alter your image over time.
- Images and art reproductions are printed on 450 gsm heavy weight satin canvas cloth.
- Each canvas print is hand stretched onto the finest Canadian kiln dried solid wood frame.
- All canvas prints 30‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö¬•‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö¬• or larger are fitted with a back-stretcher bar for additional support to avoid future sagging.
Canvas Wraps and Framed Art Print are quoted separately. Please e-mail Pam@davidcrighton.com.
Our F.A.Q.; Section has images of the matted and framed canvas Art Print which is ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚à´ready to hang‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àöœÄ. For shipping and other information please visit our F.A.Q. page